Associate Chief Technologist for Research Integration - CTO
Location: Atlanta, GA
Categories: Acoustics, Aeronautics, Antenna, System Architecture, Artificial Intelligence, Cybersecurity, Embedded Systems, Hardware Development/Design, High Performance Computing, Electromagnetics, Electronic Warfare, Image Processing, Instrumentation, Lidar, Machine Learning, Mechanical Design & Analysis, Military Vehicles, Modeling/Simulation, Quantum Computing, Radar, RF, Robotics/Automated Systems, Sensors Integration, Signal Processing, System Engineering, Thermal Controls, Testing, Aerospace, Countermeasures, IR, Missile Warning Systems, Aircraft, Avionics, Sensors/Optics, Autonomous Systems, Data Analytics/Science, ISR & Tactical Systems, Space Systems, Threat Systems, Undersea Systems
As a global leader in applied research and advanced technologies for our nation’s most critical national security challenges, The Georgia Tech Research Institute deploys multi-disciplinary, distinguished solutions that anticipate the demands of tomorrow and address the complex problems of today. We seek to develop innovative technical solutions that enable a secure nation, a prosperous Georgia, and a sustainable world. The Chief Technology Office of GTRI is responsible for developing and implementing GTRI’s technology strategy, fostering technical excellence, and broadly engaging the academic units of Georgia Tech in collaborative research. This position will coordinate the operations and manage the execution of internally funded discretionary research projects across GTRI. This position reports to the GTRI Chief Technology Officer and will be part of the organization's leadership team. This position will be based in Atlanta, GA.
- Coordinate and manage the solicitation, review, selection, and execution of all IRAD-funded research projects
- Provide engineering and subject matter expert support to IRAD funded research projects
- Ensure compliance and required documentation for all IRAD-funded research activities with regard to all governing regulatory authorities
- Liaise with Chief Scientist Council and other related councils to promote integration and technical reviews of IRAD-funded research projects
- Promote technical excellence and ensure compliance with technical publications
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education & Length of Experience
Principal Research Engineer/Scientist
- A Master’s degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, or a related field of study and eleven (11) years of relevant full-time experience, or
- A Doctoral degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, or a related field of study and seven (7) years of relevant full-time experience.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Hold the rank of or be eligible for the rank of Principal Researcher at Georgia Tech
- Must reside in or be willing to relocate to Atlanta GA or any of our GTRI Field Office locations
- Prior direct military/DoD, Military/DoD civilian, or military/DoD contractor experience is required for consideration
- Experience leading technical programs or projects in a senior organizational, senior project management, or senior technical leadership role
- Experience with organizational policies and procedures and regulations regarding research compliance
- Experience facilitating dialogue, collaboration, and partnerships among research personnel and senior technical experts
- Ability to create and deliver technical presentations effectively
- Top Secret Clearance
- Strong background and expertise in one or more of the GTRI's technical competencies (e.g. electronic warfare, cyber warfare, avionics, systems engineering, test and evaluation, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in coordination and management of multiple large research programs and projects
- Demonstrated experience leading a diverse team (e.g. experience managing large teams ranging from engineering researchers, technicians, administrators, and support services)
- Experience in presenting to Senior Executive level sponsors and decision-makers
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
Benefits at GTRI
Comprehensive information on currently offered GTRI benefits including Health & Welfare, Retirement Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Time Off, and Professional Development, can be found through this link: https://hr.gatech.edu/benefits
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume