Senior Radar Modeling and Simulation Engineer - Huntsville, AL - SEAL
Location: Huntsville, AL
Categories: Algorithm Development, High Performance Computing, Modeling/Simulation, Radar, Signal Processing, System Engineering, Testing
The Air and Missile Defense Division (AMDD) of GTRI in Huntsville, AL is seeking senior-level engineers and scientists who are interested in a career in RF sensors applied to air and missile defense applications. As a researcher in the Air and Missile Defense Division (AMDD), candidates will support independent assessment and analysis of advanced Active Electronically Steered Array (AESA) radars with digital beamforming and advanced hardware/algorithmic-based capabilities for Electronic Protection, Clutter Mitigation, Classification, and other leading-edge capabilities. Candidates will interact with the government sponsors by supporting Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), Working Groups (WGs), or similar venues. Candidates will lead the GTRI efforts in assessing the capabilities and limitations of contractor-provided Digital and Hardware-In-The-Loop (HWIL) Models and Simulations (M&S). The candidate will advise the government if additional solutions are needed to support radar sell-off to the government and will provide specific recommendations on acquiring those solutions if warranted. The candidate will propose internal GTRI development of M&S solutions, if appropriate, and will provide leadership in the development of the solutions. The candidate will assist the government in developing, executing, and assessing ground and flight tests in support of formal U.S. Army Material Release acceptance of the radar(s) for warfighter use.
- Providing radar Digital and HWIL M&S Subject Matter Expertise (SME) support directly to the government sponsor
- Independently assessing and analyzing contractor M&S solutions
- Analyzing and evaluating sensor system performance using M&S solutions
- Supporting and leading applied research efforts related to radar M&S
- Supporting radar test planning and data analysis in the context of U.S. Army Material Release needs
- Generating briefings and technical reports
- Managing tasks and projects to include budgets, staff, and deliverables
- Supporting business development activities to include the generation of briefings, white papers, and proposals
Education & Length of Experience
Senior Research Engineer/Scientist
- A Master’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics and seven (7) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
- A Master’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics and nine (9) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or
- A Doctoral degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics and four (4) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor's degree.
Principal Research Engineer/Scientist
- A Master’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics and eleven (11) years of relevant full-time experience, or
- A Doctoral degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics and seven (7) years of relevant full-time experience.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- 12 years of relevant experience is required
- Candidates should have a fundamental understanding of one or more of the following subject areas:
- Microwave components,
- Control theory,
- Signal processing,
- Random processes,
- Fourier analysis, or
- Parameter estimation
- Proficiency in MATLAB
- Candidates must be excellent communicators and have a willingness to brief their work to outside organizations
- Top Secret Clearance
- Experience with radar systems and signal processing
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
Benefits at GTRI
Comprehensive information on currently offered GTRI benefits including Health & Welfare, Retirement Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Time Off, and Professional Development, can be found through this link: https://hr.gatech.edu/benefits
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume