Information Systems Engineer -- ELSYS
Location: Atlanta, GA
Categories: System Architecture, Cybersecurity, Embedded Systems, Human Factors, Electronic Warfare, Information Technology, Networking, Software Development/Design, System Engineering
The Information Systems Engineer position in the Electronic Systems Lab (ELSYS) will conduct government sponsored research developing and integrating information and security assurance systems into complex network architectures. This position will lead the technical design and support of end-user computing environments.
- Maintain end-user IT Device(s) (provisioning, deploying, patching, maintaining, backups, security, networking)
- Conduct IT and security assurance systems research and integrate technologies into complex electronic systems
- Design and maintain Information Technology (IT) systems to support various sponsored research projects
- Implement and maintain client and server software used to support project management and software development
- Integrate complex systems to communicate with each other
- Implement Infrastructure as Code for configuration management solutions
- Maintain virtual machines and the environment they run on (ESXi/vCenter/etc.)
- Deploy security control configuration to systems using configuration management tools
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education & Length of Experience
- A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Information Security, Information Systems, Information Technology or related field.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Candidates currently enrolled in an accredited Bachelor's degree program relevant to this position will be considered. Candidate must have a graduation date of no later than December.
- Experience with maintaining Apple systems in an enterprise environment
- Experience with troubleshooting hardware and software issues on computer workstations and servers
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory (AD), Microsoft Group Policy Objects (GPOs), Domain Name System (DNS), and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Experience with developing scripts using languages such as Bash, PowerShell, VBScript, and/or Python
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
Safer Federal Workforce Executive Order
Presidential Executive Order 14042 requires most federal contractors, including federal contractors within the University System of Georgia, to comply with Covid-19 guidance from the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force (“Task Force”). Georgia Tech must ensure that all employees covered under the Executive Order (“covered employees”), including those working remotely in the United States, are fully vaccinated by January 19, 2022, or by their first day of work in a covered role.
This position is covered by the Executive Order. Accommodations or exemptions for medical conditions can be requested by individuals who would otherwise be covered but have a disability, medical condition, or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
Details of the order can be found here.
Benefits at GTRI
Comprehensive information on currently offered GTRI benefits, including Health & Welfare, Retirement Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Time Off, and Professional Development, can be found through this link: https://hr.gatech.edu/benefits
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume