The ATAS laboratory is searching for an experienced analyst to be part of a predictive maintenance and analytics research team. The position will support aerospace vehicle predictive analytics challenges for government sponsors. These multi-million dollar programs offer the opportunity for applied Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) research, development, and deployment of cutting-edge data pipeline technologies.
The ideal candidate is familiar with neural net model development and predictive analytics. Primary research areas of interest will include a background in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and/or Machine Learning (ML), python model development, predictive analytics, data science technical metrics, and data pipeline concepts.
The candidate should possess a strong technical background capable of supporting AI/ML model down-select, development, and deployment, having technical discussions with engineers, and identifying the technical limitations associated with a given system. Additionally, the ideal candidate should demonstrate familiarity with data pipeline model deployment to one or more of the following environments: server, cloud, or cluster-based computing environments.
The desired candidate should be familiar with the peer-review publishing process, proposal writing, working in a laboratory environment, and comfortable with technical engagement with both technical subject matter experts and sponsors.
- Conduct sponsored research programs and independent research projects involving the application of data analytics and modeling
- Develop algorithms and code to analyze and make predictions from application-specific datasets
- Document and present results in appropriate forums
- Lead new proposal efforts to acquire sponsored research projects
- Lead sponsored research tasks including directing up to three students or researchers
10% - 25% travel
Education & Length of Experience
Research Engineer/Scientist I
- A Bachelor's degree in Aerospace, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field of study.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- A Master's or Doctoral degree in Aerospace, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field of study is required for consideration.
- Candidates currently enrolled in an accredited Master's or Doctoral degree program relevant to this position will be considered. The candidate must have a graduation date of no later than December 2021
- Expertise in Python and git
- Familiarity with code development standards, version control methods, and software documentation
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
Safer Federal Workforce Executive Order
Presidential Executive Order 14042 requires most federal contractors, including federal contractors within the University System of Georgia, to comply with Covid-19 guidance from the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force (“Task Force”). Georgia Tech must ensure that all employees covered under the Executive Order (“covered employees”), including those working remotely in the United States, are fully vaccinated by January 19, 2022, or by their first day of work in a covered role.
This position is covered by the Executive Order. Accommodations or exemptions for medical conditions can be requested by individuals who would otherwise be covered but have a disability, medical condition, or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
Details of the order can be found here.
Benefits at GTRI
Comprehensive information on currently offered GTRI benefits, including Health & Welfare, Retirement Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Time Off, and Professional Development, can be found through this link: https://hr.gatech.edu/benefits
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.