Big Data Software Engineer-ISD
Type: Researchers: Contract
Location: Atlanta, GA
Categories: High Performance Computing, Information Technology, Networking, System Engineering, Data Analytics/Science
The High Performance Computing division within the Information Systems Department is responsible for multiple cluster computing systems supporting sponsored research projects. We work with researchers to design and deliver computing platforms for data analytics, modeling and simulation, AI, ML, and signal processing applications. Our group achieves success when our colleagues do impactful science.
Big Data Software Engineer who’s primary task is the research, design, development, and testing of secure Big Data software for on-going and new research, with a focus on the development and integration of software Multi-Level Security (MLS) Controls within this software. Researches with new open-source technologies and integrates them into the design of secure Big Data software and systems.
- Design, build, and maintain near real-time secure Big Data applications and pipelines to stream billions of records into and out of high performance layers and data lakes, while layering in Multi-Level Security Controls within this software
- Participates in the development and enforcement of data security policies
- Troubleshoot and resolve data processing issues
- Engage in application design and data modeling discussions
- Builds, maintains and executes unit test cases with high coverage
- Development of Ansible orchestration scripts to deploy software artifacts
- Ensures software adheres to coding standards and practices
- Implements scripts to integrate with Cucumber and Gherkin automated testing software
- Produces relevant architectural and technical artifacts and documentation
- Provides software and merge request code reviews
- Red Hat Linux systems administration
- Cluster image development and provisioning
- Commercial and open source software installation, configuration, and testing
- Compliance and vulnerability scanning
- Storage management and tuning
- Periodic system maintenance and patching
- Job scheduler configuration and management
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Experience with Linux systems administration
- Candidates currently enrolled in an accredited degree program relevant to this position will be considered. The candidate must have a graduation date of no later than August, 2022.
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Knowledge of computer networking, including Cisco, Mellanox, and Palo Alto
- Previous experience with HPC cluster computing software stacks
- Knowledge of storage technologies such as ZFS, NetApp, Isilon, Lustre, GPFS, etc.
- Experience with system automation tools
- Active Secret Clearance
Education and Length of Experience
This position vacancy is an open-rank announcement. The final job offer will be dependent on candidate qualifications in alignment with Research Faculty Extension Professional ranks as outlined in section 3.2.1 of the Georgia Tech Faculty Handbook
- 2 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Physics, Systems Engineering or any other engineering discipline.
- 0 years of related experience with a Masters’ degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Physics, Systems Engineering or any other engineering discipline.
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the U.S. federal government, candidates for this position must be U.S. Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
Benefits at GTRI
Comprehensive information on currently offered GTRI benefits, including Health & Welfare, Retirement Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Time Off, and Professional Development, can be found through this link: https://hr.gatech.edu/benefits
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume