Web Application Developer / UX Student Researcher - Summer 2022 - ATAS - Smyrna, GA
Type: Students: Graduate Asst. (GA)
Location: Smyrna, GA
GTRI’s Biosensing and Signal Analytics Branch (BSAB) in the Aerospace and Acoustics Technologies Division (AATD) within the Aerospace, Transportation, and Advanced Systems Laboratory (ATAS) seeks qualified students with interests in online social networks, web application development, UX research and design, machine learning, and data analysis.
Students will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the following areas:
- Web application development
- UX Design and Testing
- Use Case and Information Flow Design
- Data organization, analysis, and characterization
- Algorithm development using Python and Matlab
- Literature review for state-of-the-art technologies
- Report writing and manuscript preparation.
Required Minimum Qualifications
Student Assistant/Research Assistant
- Pursuing a Master’s degree at Georgia Tech in Human Computer Interaction
- Must be enrolled in 6+ credit hours
- Must have a 4.0 or higher cumulative GPA
- Commit to 10 hours of work per week
- Experience in 1 or more programming languages
- Task leadership experience
- Strong development skills
- Ability to learn complex topics across disparate research fields
- Familiarity with Unix and open source tools
- Ability to clearly communicate design and technical ideas
Hours per Week
20 hours per week
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
Housing and Relocation
Housing and relocation assistance are not available for this position.
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume