Contracts Manager - CMSO
Location: Atlanta, GA
The Contract Support Office (CSO) is the owner of the Combat Capabilities Development Command (CCDC) IDIQ University Affiliated Research Center (UARC) Contract and is also managing an equivalent contract vehicle (the WNY UARC IDIQ) from Robins AFB. CSO is currently seeking a Program Operations Manager to accomplish daily contract management tasks in coordination with contract project directors associated with these contract vehicles. A large percentage of GTRI projects (currently over 100 active task orders) are awarded through these contract vehicles; successful management of the vehicles is critical to GTRI's overall ability to successfully support a wide range of government sponsored research initiatives. The Program Operations Manager will report to the Senior Contract Vehicle Manager of CSO and will provide functional support to the managers of the CCDC UARC IDIQ, WNY UARC IDIQ, and equivalent large contract vehicles that are employed to fund GTRI research efforts.
Contract Managers oversee a portfolio of research projects and associated external sponsors. Supports all aspects of multiple Task Order level contract vehicles and supports GTRI PDs in coordinating contracting issues with Research Administration (OSP). Helps keep internal stakeholders informed regarding programmatic issues. They are responsible for coordinating contract or contract vehicle issues with external sponsors and OSP, including the development of future contracts and contract vehicles through interactions with external sponsors. Assist PI's funded on their contract vehicles in monitoring and controlling the work of producing the products, services or results that the project was undertaken to produce. Success is measured by budget compliance, timeliness, and degree of customer satisfaction. They develop trusted relationships with the COR and/or ACOR and sponsors and also serve in an advisory capacity to critical stakeholders regarding the contractual execution of projects. Must meet all compliance and other regulatory requirements throughout a project's life cycle to successfully close out the time-bound project, program or portfolio.
- Coordinate multiple lab resources, other project directors, division chiefs and other GTRI or GT support units.
- Provide financial reporting and maintain project schedule for sponsor reporting. Complete monthly sponsor reporting requirements.
- Coordinate with sponsor on requirements for establishing new task orders and/or modifying existing task orders that are issued as part of contract vehicles.
- Attends sponsor program reviews, and responsible for review and tracking of project schedules and budgets
- Responsible for operations and administrative tasks on multi-million dollar, complex contract vehicles that may also have multiple subcontractors.
- Coordinate with program development leads, SPS, OSP, and other support units on large proposals
- Comprehensive understanding of PM (operations lead) responsibilities to develop training for lab-level project directors and managers
- Assist GTRI Project Directors with task order set-up, task order management and reporting, contract modifications, and contract close-out as well as subcontracts and consultant agreement management.
- Interface with GTRI project directors, Georgia Tech Research Security, Georgia Tech Sponsored Project Support (SPS), Georgia Tech Offices of Sponsored Programs (OSP), government sponsor Technical Points of Contact (TPOC), and government primary sponsor (CCDC AvMC) Program Manager, Contract Officer Representatives (CORs) and Contract Specialists to ensure successful contract operations.
- Utilize and provide expert guidance to program office personnel on internal project management software systems
- Interface and coordinate contract activities (primarily classified contracts) with government program office, government security office and GTRI security, program management, and the GTARC Office of Sponsored Programs, and other support units as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- 5+ Experience with Microsoft Office Suite software applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- 5+ Program and operations management experience.
- 2+ Experience with US Government contracts and subcontract management.
- Ability to be granted a DoD SECRET security clearance.
- Active Secret Clearance
- Experience with GTRI project management and financial reporting systems and requirements.
- Experience with Department of Defense (DoD) contracts.
- Experience with government information security standards and requirements.
- Familiarity with operation of research laboratories that support classified efforts.
Education and Length of Experience
This position vacancy is an open-rank announcement. The final job offer will be dependent on candidate qualifications in alignment with Research Faculty Extension Professional ranks as outlined in section 3.2.1 of the Georgia Tech Faculty Handbook
- 9 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science or other technical and/or Business related degree.
- 7 years of related experience with a Masters’ degree in Engineering, Science or other technical and/or Business related degree.
- 4 years of related experience with a Ph.D. in Engineering, Science or other technical and/or Business related degree.
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the U.S. federal government, candidates for this position must be U.S. Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
Benefits at GTRI
Comprehensive information on currently offered GTRI benefits, including Health & Welfare, Retirement Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Time Off, and Professional Development, can be found through this link: https://hr.gatech.edu/benefits
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume