Algorithm & Analysis Engineer - ATAS - Open Rank
Location: Smyrna, GA
Categories: Aeronautics, Algorithm Development, Artificial Intelligence, Modeling/Simulation, Robotics/Automated Systems, Autonomous Systems
The GTRI Robotics and Autonomous Systems Division is looking for Scientists and Engineers specializing in robotic algorithms and dynamical systems analysis. You will be joining a growing robotics division focused on autonomy software, and responsibilities may include the development of real-time algorithms for multi-agent robotics applications, including multi-robot collaboration, swarming control algorithms, path planning, guidance, navigation, and task allocation on robotic systems across multiple domains.
Responsible for the development and support of state-of-the-art algorithms involving to data fusion, sensor fusion, machine learning, manned/unmanned avionics improvement programs, and genetic programming. Algorithm engineering focuses on the design, analysis, software/hardware implementation, optimization, profiling and experimental evaluation of computer algorithms, bridging the gap between algorithm theory and practical applications of algorithms in software engineering. Statistical analysis of multi-modal and time-varying data to characterize and quantify system qualities and deficiencies, resulting in recommendations and development of improvements.
- Perform data cleaning and fundamental data analysis using existing tools with guidance.
- Execute algorithm tests in accordance with direction.
- Contribute to algorithm design discussions. - Design and/or modify aspects of algorithm design and implementation with oversight.
- Contribute to technical report execution with oversight.
- Interface with and learn how to work with disparate engineering teams for technical tasking.
- Contribute with regular oversight as asked to execution of specific technical and writing objectives in the service of conference presentations and journal publications.
- Aid in literature searches with direction.
- Develop real-time algorithms for robotics applications, including multi-robot collaboration, swarming control algorithms, path planning, guidance, navigation, and/or task allocation on robots in one or more domains (air, ground, or sea).
- Perform rapid prototyping and field-testing.
- Generate research reports, publication, proposals, and briefs to our customers.
- Develop robotic simulations with C++, ROS, Linux, and SCRIMMAGE.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Candidates currently enrolled in an accredited degree program relevant to this position will be considered. The candidate must have a graduation date of no later than August 2022.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with state-of-the-art algorithms on real-world mobile robot systems, including field test experimentation and experience with object-oriented programming (e.g., Java, Python, or C++), Robot Operating System (ROS), Linux, and SCRIMMAGE or similar simulation architectures.
- Active Top-Secret Clearance.
- A Bachelors or Masters' degree in Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related field of study.
- Experience with fast prototyping in C++ as well as experience in integrating and deploying these algorithms for real-time operation on a robot in real-world environments is a plus.
- Experience in one or more of the following is a plus: ROS, SCRIMMAGE, Multi-robot collaboration, Path planning and navigation, Behavior-based robotics, Optimal control and estimation, Machine learning for robotic control.
10% - 25% travel
Education and Length of Experience
This position vacancy is an open-rank announcement. The final job offer will be dependent on candidate qualifications in alignment with Research Faculty Extension Professional ranks as outlined in section 3.2.1 of the Georgia Tech Faculty Handbook
- 0 years of related experience with a Bachelors' degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or any related field.
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the U.S. federal government, candidates for this position must be U.S. Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
Benefits at GTRI
Comprehensive information on currently offered GTRI benefits, including Health & Welfare, Retirement Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Time Off, and Professional Development, can be found through this link: https://hr.gatech.edu/benefits
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume