Student Assistant Chemical and Biological Branch Summer 2022-ATAS
Type: Students: Intern
Location: Atlanta, GA
We are looking for a lab assistant to support various research efforts including (a) nanoparticle preparation and characterization for wastewater treatment and phosphorus recycling; (b) Disinfection method development and evaluation; (c) sensor development for chemical and biological detections. (d) Characterization of wastewater from various poultry production sources. Your duties will include preparing solutions based on stoichiometric calculation, synthesis of functionalized magnetic nanoparticles, purification of the resultant magnetic nanoparticles, a characterization of the composition and the properties of the made materials, examination of the performance on phosphorus removal, design, review, conducting the experiment, report and analyze the data to PI.
Required Minimum Qualifications
Student Assistant/Research Assistant
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, material science, biology, biomedical engineering
- Must be registered for at least 6 credit hours with your university
- 3.2or higher cumulative GPA
- Experience in wet chemistry
- Knowledge of lab safety
- Analytical and critical thinking skills, accountability, strategic thinking and planning, software development, debugging, working in teams, attention to detail, customer service focused
- Strong technical skills and ability to learn complex engineering concepts
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas
Hours per Week
20–40 hours per week
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
Housing and Relocation
Housing and relocation assistance are not available for this position.
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume