Information Systems Engineer - Ogden, UT - ATAS - Open Rank
Location: Ogden, UT
Categories: Cybersecurity, Information Technology, Networking
The Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) Aerospace, Transportation and Advanced Systems Lab has opportunities for an Information Technology Specialist in support of DoD test/training range research and development. Responsibilities of this position include support and maintenance of DoD systems, customer support and troubleshooting, system installs, implementation of security measures (STIGS, Patches, etc.) and software maintenance of interfaces for DoD range training software and systems environments.
The DoD Live Mission Operations Capability (LMOC) program supports Air Force Training ranges and provides secure technology solutions to enable training. This position will be immersed in the Air Force training mission and have the opportunity to frequently interface with uniformed service members and DoD Civilians, and work closely with system end-users to ensure implementations meet their operational needs, and to help identify future system requirements
This position will report to the GTRI Utah Field Office, Hill AFB.
The purpose of this job is to lead the technical design and support of our end-user computing environment. Responsible for the day-to-day operational activities of the End-user computing environment, including but not limited to windows, mac, and linux workstation provisioning, deployment, and maintenance; leveraging configuration management tools to effectively manage a fleet of heterogeneous systems; compliance auditing, vulnerability and patch remediation; Work closely with leadership, stakeholders, and Project/Process Management to effectively translate business strategy and objectives into technological capability. This position will interact, advise and counsel on a regular basis with staff, third party vendors, and service providers.
- End-User IT Device(s) life-cycle management (provisioning, deploying, patching, maintaining, backups, security, networking).
- Conduct IT and security assurance systems research and integrate technologies into complex electronic systems.
- Design and maintain Information Technology (IT) systems to support various sponsored research projects.
- Implement and maintain client and server software used to support project management and software development.
- Cross Domain Data Exchange and Systems Integration.
- Implementor of Infrastructure as Code for configuration management solutions.
- Virtual machine management.
- Deploy security control configuration to systems using configuration management tools.
- Network management.
- ACAS Scanning.
- SCAP Scanning.
- System Installs.
- Help Desk Support.
- System Monitoring.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Candidates currently enrolled in an accredited degree program relevant to this position will be considered. The candidate must have a graduation date of no later than August 2022.
- 1-2 Years' experience working with IT systems.
- 1-2 Years' experience working with the following technologies: Windows, Linux, VMWare, Containerized Applications (Docker, Kubernetes), AWS, Google Protocol Buffers.
- Active Top-Secret Clearance.
- Experience working with non-technical end users to troubleshoot systems.
- Ability to collaborate with team members and take ownership of individual tasks.
- Understanding of DoD TENA Protocols.
- Automated system deployment scripting i.e., Chocolatey, Terraform.
- Strong math skills and ability to learn complex engineering concepts.
- DoD experience with knowledge of military aircraft and munitions systems.
- Configuration management tools.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas.
- Security+ Certification.
10% - 25% travel
Education and Length of Experience
This position vacancy is an open-rank announcement. The final job offer will be dependent on candidate qualifications in alignment with Research Faculty Extension Professional ranks as outlined in section 3.2.1 of the Georgia Tech Faculty Handbook
- 0 years of related experience with a Bachelors' degree in Information Systems Cybersecurity, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, or Network Engineering.
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the U.S. federal government, candidates for this position must be U.S. Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
Benefits at GTRI
Comprehensive information on currently offered GTRI benefits, including Health & Welfare, Retirement Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Time Off, and Professional Development, can be found through this link: https://hr.gatech.edu/benefits
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume