Electronic Warfare Training Branch Co-Op - Fall 2022 - ELSYS
Type: Students: Co-op
Location: Smyrna, GA
GTRI’s Cooperative Education (“co-op”) program offers you extensive opportunities to participate in diverse scientific and technological endeavors, use state-of-the-art equipment and rapidly improve your technical and leadership skills. The program allows you to alternate three semesters of full-time work at GTRI with semesters of full-time school. The Electronic Systems Laboratory (ELSYS) is currently seeking a Co-op Student in the Test Engineering Division (TEN), Electronic Warfare Training Branch (EWTB) for the Fall 2022 semester.
TEN researches next-generation Aircraft Protection systems used to shield US and coalition aircraft from adversary radar and missile systems. These complex systems provide advanced detection of adversary systems which enable aircraft to avoid or counter these systems and return home safely.
This broad range of research will provide a solid foundation for the student as a future project manager/engineer. The student will work under the guidance of GTRI researchers performing research in one of the following areas -
- Electronic Warfare (EW)
- Sensing and processing broad bands of the electromagnetic spectrum
- Creating a complex electromagnetic environment used to train Electronic Warfare engineers and operators
- (EW) Modeling and Simulation
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computing or Engineering
- 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA
- Must be eligible to be approved by your college/university to participate in a co-op program and register for co-op credit with your university during work terms
- Must be able to complete at least three full-time co-op terms (alternating three terms of full-time work at GTRI with semesters of full-time school) prior to graduation
- Ability to learn complex software programs including:
- Military Electronic Warfare Modeling and Simulation software
- Learning Management System software (e.g., CANVAS)
- Secure Cloud file management software
- Ability to provide a quality control review and administrative functions for the U.S. and International Military Electronic Warfare courseware using Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word software
- Ability to perform research independently
- Ability to prioritize tasks while working on multiple projects
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas to a non-technical audience
Hours per Week
40 hours per week
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
Housing and Relocation
Housing and relocation assistance are not available for this position.
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume