Systems Engineer - ELSYS
Location: Atlanta, GA
Categories: Electronic Warfare, System Engineering, Testing, Avionics
The Electronic Systems Laboratory (ELSYS) Electronic Systems Integration Division (ESID) conducts research on military aircraft specializing in avionics, electronic warfare, autonomy, and tactical communication/datalink systems. The ESID team's engineering roles include Applied Systems Engineering, Datalink Engineering, Embedded Software, Enterprise Software, and Test Engineering. This position would support these efforts as a test engineer. This is a full-time research position that reports to the Quality Control and Test Branch Head.
Systems Engineers lead technical teams through systems definition and requirements engineering, design synthesis, and systems analysis and the design, implementation, operation and technical management of systems projects.
- Create product or system definitions and conduct initial requirements analysis.
- Develop technical reports and diagrams detailing product or system attributes.
- Analyze product or system functionality as defined by requirements.
- Interface with and learn how to work with disparate engineering teams for technical tasking.
- Developing and updating test plans, procedures and report documentation.
- Execute developed test procedures and document results in a formal setting.
- Technically coordinate a cross-functional team to develop test solutions for our DOD customer ensuring all products meet allocated requirements and design through formal testing.
- Create and maintain test scripts, files and data that support formal testing.
- Work in an integrated product team and understand system and unit level requirements in order to create test plans and procedures.
- Utilize existing system specifications, interface definitions, and aircraft avionics in the development of test procedures.
- Ensure that all technical work is performed and documented to appropriate professional standards.
- Develop test estimates for proposed work and status current tasking.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Experience in test engineering processes and methodologies applicable to complex, software-intensive, military or avionics systems.
- Experience developing and executing manual, ad hoc, black and white box tests.
- Active Secret Clearance
- Experience in an agile software development environment
10% - 25% travel
Education and Length of Experience
This position vacancy is an open-rank announcement. The final job offer will be dependent on candidate qualifications in alignment with Research Faculty Extension Professional ranks as outlined in section 3.2.1 of the Georgia Tech Faculty Handbook
- 0 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Systems or Test Engineering
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the U.S. federal government, candidates for this position must be U.S. Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
Benefits at GTRI
Comprehensive information on currently offered GTRI benefits, including Health & Welfare, Retirement Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Time Off, and Professional Development, can be found through this link: https://hr.gatech.edu/benefits
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume