Systems Engineer - Smyrna - ELSYS
Location: Smyrna, GA
Categories: Electromagnetics, Electronic Warfare, Instrumentation, Networking, Radar, RF, System Engineering, Testing, Threat Systems
The Electronic Systems Laboratory (ELSYS) Test Engineering Division (TEN) is seeking a Systems Engineer that will conduct research concerning the Test and Evaluation (T&E) of Electronic Warfare (EW) and avionics systems. This research involves the development of specialized hardware and software toolsets to create complex test environments for Missile Warning Systems (MWS), Radar Warning Receivers (RWR), and Electronic Attack (EA) systems. These test environments incorporate EW engagement models, use of government and industry test standards, open standards definition, and usage of automated test frameworks.
The Systems Engineer leads technical teams through systems definition and requirements engineering, design synthesis, and systems analysis. In addition, the Systems Engineer supports the design, implementation, operation and technical management of systems projects.
- Conduct top-down functional analysis and translate requirements into detailed performance design criteria.
- Design and build templates to assist Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in providing critical system information.
- Conduct product or system design synthesis translating requirements into physical architectures for systems of low complexity.
- Define/refine internal and external interfaces.
- Develop technical reports and diagrams detailing product or system attributes.
- Explore new solutions for integrated simulation and Hardware in the loop (HITL) test systems
- Support program leads in technical presentations (PDR, CDR, TRR, etc.
- Design hardware for EW HITL test systems
- Perform systems engineering for EW HITL systems
- Design requirements and test plans for EW HITL systems
- Perform integration activities for EW HITL systems and software
- Debug and test of EW HITL systems
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Experience with the design, integration, and testing of electronic systems
- Active Secret Clearance
- Experience working with and leading technical teams
- Ability to code in Python, C# and/or C++
- Ability to perform CAD modeling (electrical and/or mechanical)
- Experience with EW, radar, and avionics systems architecture, function, and interface
- Experience with relevant aircraft communication interfaces, such as MIL-STD-1553, Ethernet, serial, discrete, and analog interfaces
- Experience with hardware and software system troubleshooting
- Experience with hardware and software development and testing in a laboratory environment
10% - 25% travel
Education and Length of Experience
This position vacancy is an open-rank announcement. The final job offer will be dependent on candidate qualifications in alignment with Research Faculty Extension Professional ranks as outlined in section 3.2.1 of the Georgia Tech Faculty Handbook
- 2 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a related degree field.
- 0 years of related experience with a Bachelor's and Masters’ degree with one or both in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a related degree field.
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the U.S. federal government, candidates for this position must be U.S. Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
Benefits at GTRI
Comprehensive information on currently offered GTRI benefits, including Health & Welfare, Retirement Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Time Off, and Professional Development, can be found through this link: https://hr.gatech.edu/benefits
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume