Algorithm & Analysis Engineer - EOSL
Location: Atlanta, GA
Categories: Algorithm Development, Artificial Intelligence, Electromagnetics, Image Processing, Lidar, Machine Learning, Modeling/Simulation, RF, Signal Processing, Aerospace, IR, Sensors/Optics, Autonomous Systems, Data Analytics/Science, ISR & Tactical Systems
EOSID’s research is performed in all areas of the imaging chain. From basic geometric/radiometric modeling and analysis, through design and fabrication, to test and evaluation in the field, our team provides subject matter expertise to our customers in order to solve their most challenging problems in undersea, ground, airborne, and space domains. EOSID is a collection of multi-discipline engineers and scientists encompassing optical, physics, mechanical, electrical, computer, software domains, among others. Our portfolio consists of research programs in and related to the following application areas: Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR); Undersea Warfare; Atmospheric Optics; Tactical Imaging, e.g. Degraded Visual Environments (DVE); Automatic Target Recognition; Intelligence Processing, Exploitation, and Dissemination (PED); Free-space Optical Communications; Space Situational Awareness (SSA); Tagging, Tracking, and Locating (TTL); Remote Sensing; etc.
Responsible for the development and support of state-of-the-art algorithms involving to data fusion, sensor fusion, machine learning, manned/unmanned avionics improvement programs, and genetic programming. Algorithm engineering focuses on the design, analysis, software/hardware implementation, optimization, profiling and experimental evaluation of computer algorithms, bridging the gap between algorithm theory and practical applications of algorithms in software engineering. Statistical analysis of multi-modal and time-varying data to characterize and quantify system qualities and deficiencies, resulting in recommendations and development of improvements.
- Design innovative analysis strategies that make use of new techniques and methodological paradigms.
- Design and execute algorithm tests and overarching testing strategy, providing oversight to others and consulting for other groups across the organization.
- Lead algorithm design discussions for collections of studies.
- Architect overall algoritms with detailed system and integration considerations.
- Propose and follow through with new efforts for customer and internal research.
- Lead technical report execution as primary expert and provide oversight to others.
- Lead discussions with sponsors for studies, proposing new directions and helping to shape new business in accordance with branch and division strategic vision.
- Initiate and lead technical trips to customer sites, serving as the principal technical interface between the organization and the sponsor.
- Lead technical execution and writing for sections of journal articles and conference presentations, make contacts at conferences and aid in literature searches and in finding new avenues of thought and bodies of work to explore.
- Assemble appropriate experts within the organization for work on novel technical writing and presentation initiatives.
- Serve as mentor or leader to students, including co-ops, GRAs and others through academic programs.
- Facilitate campus collaboration with academic partners (i.e. resident instruction).
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Advanced software development expertise in Matlab, Python, IDL, C++, etc. for DoD and IC applications
- Experience in multi-modal algorithm development (target recognition, target tracking, image processing, etc.)
- Experience with machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Experience with systems and data analysis to conduct tradeoffs, analysis of alternatives, and create roadmaps
- Active DoD TS/SCI clearance
- Knowledge of EO/IR/RF ISR and communication systems
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary hardware and software teams
- Experience with systems engineering practices and design processes
- Expertise with geospatial intelligence and analysis techniques
- Successful history of business development and program management
- Writing white papers, proposals, conference/journal papers, technical reports
- Briefing senior level executives
10% - 25% travel
Education and Length of Experience
This position vacancy is an open-rank announcement. The final job offer will be dependent on candidate qualifications in alignment with Research Faculty Extension Professional ranks as outlined in section 3.2.1 of the Georgia Tech Faculty Handbook
- 14 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Imaging Science, Industrial Engineering, or other related discipline.
- 12 years of related experience with a Masters’ degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Imaging Science, Industrial Engineering, or other related discipline.
- 9 years of related experience with a Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Imaging Science, Industrial Engineering, or other related discipline.
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the U.S. federal government, candidates for this position must be U.S. Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
Benefits at GTRI
Comprehensive information on currently offered GTRI benefits, including Health & Welfare, Retirement Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Time Off, and Professional Development, can be found through this link: https://hr.gatech.edu/benefits
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume