Model-Based Systems Engineer - Boston, MA - SEAL
Location: Boston, MA
Categories: System Architecture, Electronic Warfare, Information Technology, Modeling/Simulation, Radar, RF, Signal Processing, System Engineering, Sensors/Optics, ISR & Tactical Systems
The Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) has opportunities for Model-Based Systems Engineers (MBSE) within the Sensor and Electromagnetic Application Laboratory (SEAL) in Smyrna, Georgia. The mission of SEAL’s Model-Based Systems Engineering Group is to provide unparalleled, comprehensive Systems Engineering expertise on the technical processes and technical management processes of the Systems Engineering Lifecycle. This includes (but is not limited to): high-level stakeholder need capture, architectural design, requirements analysis/definition/management, interface analysis/definition/management, design synthesis, systems integration, verification, trade-off analysis, configuration management, technical assessment, and decision analysis. Engineering domains include sensors, signal processing, electronic warning, radar, and intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) systems deployed on land, air, and sea. The candidate will be involved in a team environment consisting of GTRI, Government, and Industry partners.
Model-based Systems Engineers (MBSE) develop and execute novel system model-based approaches to define, design, analyze, and document system development. Applies MBSE tool suites to enable the use of model-based best practices in DoD acquisition and system life cycle support. Supports stakeholders and sponsors in the application of MBSE to tradespace analysis, design, and acquisition. Executes SE and MBSE processes including system definition, functional decomposition, requirements development, architectural development and analysis, design synthesis, system analysis, data modeling and architecture development, and test program development. Presents technical and program management presentations to government sponsors.
- Direct sponsor engagement and facilitate product or system requirements gathering and analysis.
- Verify systems engineering product life-cycle including definition, requirements analysis, synthesis, systems analysis and implementation.
- Conduct product or system design synthesis translating requirements into physical architectures for systems of moderate complexity. Define/refine internal and external interfaces.
- Develop technical reports and diagrams detailing product or system attributes.
- Analyze product or system functionality as defined by requirements.
- Implement approaches that foster reusability of existing model expressions
- Interface with sponsors via meetings, technical exchanges, or programmatic reviews to convey system design, requirements, architecture, traceability, and other systems engineering responsibilities as necessary
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Familiarity with the various phases of the Systems Engineering lifecycle
- Familiarity with Model-Based Systems Engineering with the OMG Systems Modeling Language (SysML)
- Experience with Enterprise Architecture Tools (commercial or open-source)
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Experience with the DoD Acquisition Process
- Experience with DoD Intelligence communities
- Experience and training directly related to implementing Model-Based Systems Engineering solutions on complex, Department of Defense (DoD) programs
- Experience with requirements development and management
- Experience with interface definition and management
- Experience with Cameo Systems Modeler
- Experience with the development of an integrated system model (UML, SysML and UPDM2/UAF)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
10% - 25% travel
Education and Length of Experience
This position vacancy is an open-rank announcement. The final job offer will be dependent on candidate qualifications in alignment with Research Faculty Extension Professional ranks as outlined in section 3.2.1 of the Georgia Tech Faculty Handbook
- 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related field of study.
- 3 years of related experience with a Master’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related field of study.
- 0 years of related experience with a Ph.D. in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related field of study.
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the U.S. federal government, candidates for this position must be U.S. Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
Benefits at GTRI
Comprehensive information on currently offered GTRI benefits, including Health & Welfare, Retirement Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Time Off, and Professional Development, can be found through this link: https://hr.gatech.edu/benefits
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume