Information Systems Engineer (Experienced) - SEAL - Open Rank (Remote)
Categories: Cybersecurity, Embedded Systems, Information Technology, Networking, System Engineering, Testing, Aircraft
Langley, VA (Remote)
The Georgia Tech Research Institute is seeking an Information Systems Engineer who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. Candidates will support the Command and Control Communication Division's (C3D) Intelligent Systems Designs (ISO) Branch within the Sensor and Electromagnetic Applications Laboratory (SEAL) in the analysis, technology assessment, and new capability prototyping for command and control nodes and platforms. Candidates will support teams designing analysis and implementation of alternative hardware and software technologies to update these nodes and in the prototyping of next-generation technologies. Candidates should have strong problem-solving skills and the ability to develop creative solutions to complex technical and managerial problems.
The purpose of this job is to lead the technical design and support of our end-user computing environment. Responsible for the day-to-day operational activities of the End-user computing environment, including but not limited to windows, mac, and linux workstation provisioning, deployment, and maintenance; leveraging configuration management tools to effectively manage a fleet of heterogeneous systems; compliance auditing, vulnerability and patch remediation; Work closely with leadership, stakeholders, and Project/Process Management to effectively translate business strategy and objectives into technological capability. This position will interact, advise, and counsel on a regular basis with staff, third party vendors, and service providers.
- End-User IT Device(s) life-cycle management (provisioning, deploying, patching, maintaining, backups, security, networking).
- Conduct IT and security assurance systems research and integrate technologies into complex electronic systems.
- Design and maintain Information Technology (IT) systems to support various sponsored research projects.
- Implement and maintain client and server software used to support project management and software development. Cross Domain Data Exchange and Systems Integration.
- Oversees all aspects, or is the primary implementor of Infrastructure as Code for configuration management solutions.
- Virtual machine management. -Validates security control configuration on systems, ensure all systems are configured to necessary controls, such as STIGS, CMMC, and other similar requirements.
- Actively collaborates with customers and external teams, derives tasks from detailed requirements. Provides tasking to other team members, based off of derived tasks.
- Provides software and merge request code reviews. Acts as the primary gatekeeper for infrastructure as code merges.
- Provide technical direction, prepares briefings for senior management, and assist in problem resolution specific to the program/project.
- Designs and tests electronic prototypes.
- Provides technical support for bids and proposals.
- Stay up to date with the latest technologies and trends in information systems engineering.
- Implement and maintain data quality checks and validations to ensure data accuracy and completeness.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- 14 years of relevant experience in information systems engineering.
- Experience working in the U.S. Air Force Air Operations Center (AOC).
- Hands-on subject matter expertise managing Solaris, Linux, and Windows server/client operating systems.
- Proficient working with Perl, Java, PowerShellJ.NET, Python, C++, Ruby, and scripting and program languages.
- Working knowledge of application and database servers e.g., JBoss, VMware, Citrix, Weblogic, Oracle, Sybase, IBM Db2, Inform ix, Microsoft SOL, etc.
- Expertise with virtualization e.g., VMware, Citrix, Hyper-V, Virtual Box, etc.
- Knowledgeable in using cybersecurity vulnerability scanning platforms i.e., Nessus, McAfee, Tenable, Nmap, OpenVAS, Metaploit, etc.
- Applied working knowledge of network storage e.g., Cisco, NetApp, etc.
- Active Top Secret Clearance.
- 20+ years of relevant experience in Information Systems Engineering.
- Working knowledge of the 000 Risk Management Framework(RMF) process.
- Experience working with u.s. Air Force Air Operation Center enterprise systems, i.e., GCCS-J, JADSI, JRE, TBMCS, IBS, etc.
- Modeling, Simulation, and Analysis experience.
- Knowledgeable in DoD acquisitions.
Education and Length of Experience
This position vacancy is an open-rank announcement. The final job offer will be dependent on candidate qualifications in alignment with Research Faculty Extension Professional ranks as outlined in section 3.2.1 of the Georgia Tech Faculty Handbook
- 14 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems Technology, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Cyber Security, or related.
- 12 years of related experience with a Master's degree in Information Systems Technology, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Cyber Security, or related.
- 9 years of related experience with a Ph.D. in Information Systems Technology, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Cyber Security, or related.
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the U.S. federal government, candidates for this position must be U.S. Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
Benefits at GTRI
Comprehensive information on currently offered GTRI benefits, including Health & Welfare, Retirement Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Time Off, and Professional Development, can be found through this link: https://hr.gatech.edu/benefits
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume