RF/Radar Systems Engineer (Entry Level) - SEAL - Open Rank (Onsite)
Location: Atlanta, GA, Smyrna, GA
Categories: Embedded Systems, Electronic Warfare, Radar, RF
Smyrna, GA (Metro Atlanta)
The Georgia Tech Research Institute has opportunities for research engineers within the Sensor and Systems Engineering Division (SSED) of the Sensors and Electromagnetic Applications Laboratory (SEAL). SSED projects focus on developing hardware for a wide range of Department of Defense applications. Hardware development includes designing and building custom hardware, modifying existing hardware, implementing solutions using general purpose hardware, and repurposing hardware. Applications primarily include radar, electronic warfare, and embedded signal processing but often span into communication systems, surveillance systems, and other remote sensing applications.
RF/Radar Systems Engineers work with a team to perform advanced system and algorithm development using established systems engineering approaches. Based on detailed trade studies and requirements analyses, radar systems engineers develop solutions to satisfy system requirements and perform functions related to all aspects of radar system design. These functions include the development of the complete architectural design of radar systems, investigation and development of new algorithms to advance key sensor capabilities by leveraging signal processing techniques and novel waveform development, development of detailed simulations of algorithms and systems for design verification or to facilitate operational software development, the design of sensor modes that maximize sensor performance, the collection and analysis of data from laboratory or flight tests, and formal verification that the final design solution meet all system requirements.
- Conduct initial RF subsystem and system design studies, testing plans, and analysis of requirements as directed by technical lead.
- Develop technical reports and diagrams detailing design description or performance as defined by requirements.
- Works with Interface with and learn how to work with disparate engineering teams for technical tasking.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Candidates currently enrolled in an accredited degree program relevant to this position will be considered. The candidate must have a graduation date of no later than May 2024
- Expertise in RF, radar, or electronic warfare-oriented systems and design.
- Background may include experience in RF circuit design, radar design or analysis, electromagnetic simulation and analysis, testing and test planning, and analysis of measurement data.
- Active Secret Clearance
- Expertise and proficiency with advanced RF design tools such as Altium.
- Expertise and proficiency with EM or RF simulation tools such as HFSS.
- Experience managing and executing hardware development projects.
10% - 25% travel
Education and Length of Experience
This position vacancy is an open-rank announcement. The final job offer will be dependent on candidate qualifications in alignment with Research Faculty Extension Professional ranks as outlined in section 3.2.1 of the Georgia Tech Faculty Handbook
- 0 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or related fields.
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the U.S. federal government, candidates for this position must be U.S. Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
Benefits at GTRI
Comprehensive information on currently offered GTRI benefits, including Health & Welfare, Retirement Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Time Off, and Professional Development, can be found through this link: https://hr.gatech.edu/benefits
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume