Mission Assurance Engineer - Open Rank-PMSO
Type: Researchers: Contract
Location: Atlanta, GA
Categories: Project/Program Management, System Engineering
This position will be working as part of an externally sponsored research team performing mission assurance engineering functions. The role is part of the GTRI Project Management Office.
Mission Assurance Engineers lead and manage the execution of sponsored program Quality, Safety, and Mission Assurance engineering processes across GTRI to ensure sponsored programs meet and contractual requirements. They assess and tailor requirements, audit current processes, and create and implement new processes for sponsored project engineering teams. This role is responsible for standardizing engineering processes across the organization to improve organizational efficiency and ensure the quality of QSMA deliverables for sponsored programs. They are experts in the GTRI Body of Knowledge for DoD sponsored program requirements in the following areas:
- Reliability, Maintainability, and Availability Programs ranging from the system to the component level
- Failure Management and Analyses including: FMECA, Fault Tree, and similar supporting analyses, FRACAS processes and database maintenance
- Hardware and Software Configuration Management processes
- Safety and Hazard Processes
- Parts and Materials Processes
- Requirements Traceability Processes
- RMF/SCRM Processes
- Quality Management Systems and the accompanying tools
- Works with Senior MAEs to analyze and interpret mission assurance standards, industry, and government regulatory requirements to determine compliant MA quality system process, policies, and procedures
- Implement standard MA tools and processes as appropriate for the project with minimal guidance from Senior MAE
- Assist Engineering Teams with compliance and delivery of sponsor MA requirements
- Serve as primary POC for GTRI internal support units
- Interacts with sponsors to determine requirements and needs
- This position will require experience in some if not all of these mission assurance functions:
-Failure mode effects analysis (FMEA)
-Dynamic reliability block-diagram analysis
-Fault tree analysis
-Root cause analysis
-Avoidance of single point of failure (SPOF)
-Functional analysis and functional failure analysis (e.g. function FMEA, FHA or FFA)
- Works with the project engineering team to ensure the reliability and maintainability of new and modified designs.
- Guides efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment and processes.
- Assists the development of engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect delivered products.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- BA or BS Degree
- A proven track record of successfully implementing a reliability management methodology including 2+ years of experience assisting in the execution of large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi function teams
- Experience conducting a variety of failure analysis including root cause, Weibull, and fault tree analysis
- Active Secret Clearance
- MA or MS
- Lean Six Sigma Certification
- PMI PMP
- 3+ years experience with ReliaSoft and/or Windchil
Education and Length of Experience
This position vacancy is an open-rank announcement. The final job offer will be dependent on candidate qualifications in alignment with Research Faculty Extension Professional ranks as outlined in section 3.2.1 of the Georgia Tech Faculty Handbook
- 2 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering fields of study
- 0 years of related experience with a Masters’ degree in Engineering fields of study
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the U.S. federal government, candidates for this position must be U.S. Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
Benefits at GTRI
Comprehensive information on currently offered GTRI benefits, including Health & Welfare, Retirement Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Time Off, and Professional Development, can be found through this link: https://hr.gatech.edu/benefits
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume