Electronic Warfare and Avionics Intern – Spring 2024 - Warner Robins, GA - ELSYS
Type: Students: Intern
Location: Warner Robins, GA
The Electronic Systems Laboratory (ELSYS) seeks an Intern in the Test Engineering Division (TEN) for the Spring 2024 semester in Warner Robins, GA. ELSYS/TEN researches existing and emerging military systems, primarily avionics used to protect the US and allied aircraft. ELSYS/TEN develops a wide range of products that range from threat protection systems that fly on military aircraft, software applications that enable testing of avionics systems, cybersecurity studies for avionics systems, and mobile military applications to enable aircrews to use modern mobile devices to fly safer and more efficiently. The student will work under the guidance of GTRI researchers performing one or more of the following activities:
- Software development testing and validation
- Electronic hardware development, sustainment, testing, and troubleshooting
- Cybersecurity analysis, policy implementation, and compliance
- Object oriented and web development and testing
- Electronic attack system development and testing
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Electronics Technology or similar technical areas.
- 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA
- Must be registered for 6+ credit hours
- Task / team leadership experience
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas
- Strong math skills and ability to learn complex engineering concepts
- Experience with electronics hardware assembly
- Experience with basic laboratory equipment
- Experience in one or more programming languages
- Experience in the use of configuration management tools
- Secret Clearance
Hours per Week
10–20 hours per week
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
Housing and Relocation
Housing and relocation assistance are not available for this position.
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume