Systems Engineer - ELSYS - Hybrid - (Open Rank)
Location: Atlanta, GA
Categories: Electronic Warfare, Radar, System Engineering, Avionics
This position is in the Applied Embedded Systems (AES) division of the Electronic Systems Laboratory (ELSYS) at GTRI. AES is predominantly focused on the research, development, testing, and deployment of embedded electronic and electromechanical systems. These systems provide our sponsors with technological solutions in the fields of Electronic Warfare (EW), command and control, communications, avionics, entertainment, and other applications.
The Systems Engineer leads technical teams through systems definition and requirements engineering, design synthesis, and systems analysis to further the design, implementation, operation and technical management of systems projects.
- Conduct top-down functional analysis and translate requirements into detailed performance design criteria
- Design and build templates to assist Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in providing critical system information
- Conduct product or system design synthesis translating requirements into physical architectures for systems of low complexity to include defining and refining internal and external interfaces
- Develop technical reports and diagrams detailing product or system attributes
- Execute systems engineering processes including functional decomposition, requirements development, architectural development, and test program development
- Support industry and DoD sponsors in the use and application of systems engineering to tradespace analysis, design, and acquisition
- Present technical and program management presentations to government sponsors
- Supporting system integration activities within a multidisciplinary engineering team
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Experience with prototyping a new designed hardware and/or software system
- Experience implementing the Systems Engineering process including requirements development, documentation, and testing
- Active Secret Clearance
- Experience building and maintaining SysML models
- Experience with the design, development, and execution of systems engineering solutions for Electronic Warfare and/or avionics systems
- Experience with architectures, functions, and interfaces for EW and avionics systems
- Experience with creating and performing test cases for hardware and/or software systems in laboratory and fielded environments
Education and Length of Experience
Levels 2, 3
This position vacancy is an open-rank announcement. The final job offer will be dependent on candidate qualifications in alignment with Research Faculty Extension Professional ranks as outlined in section 3.2.1 of the Georgia Tech Faculty Handbook
- 2 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 0 years of related experience with a Masters’ degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the U.S. federal government, candidates for this position must be U.S. Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
Benefits at GTRI
Comprehensive information on currently offered GTRI benefits, including Health & Welfare, Retirement Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Time Off, and Professional Development, can be found through this link: https://hr.gatech.edu/benefits
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume