Cloud Engineer - CIPHER - Open Rank
Location: Atlanta, GA
The Secure Information Systems Division (SIS) within the Cybersecurity, Information Protection, and Hardware Evaluation Research Laboratory (CIPHER) is looking to hire a DevOps Cloud Engineer for projects revolving around system networking and application virtualization in a security-sensitive environment. Candidates must enjoy working with open source software and cutting edge technologies. Candidates will contribute to sponsored research projects and have an opportunity to interact with other scientists and engineers. Candidate should also have the desire to mentor and lead more junior developer teams, when appropriate.
The Cloud Engineer designs solutions and resolves issues related to application virtualization and cloud infrastructure projects with modest levels of support. The engineer works closely with sponsors on iterative projects in a security sensitive environment supporting a wide array of management tools and system architectures.
- Develop infrastructure as code in environments using state of the art DevOps solutions.
- Research and implement custom security-based desktop enhancements.
- Develops and maintains DevOps code using ansible, git, AWS, and many other technologies.
- Design and test user stories and test cases.
- Act as code reviewer to ensure coding best practices.
- Understanding of core DevOps practices (Configuration Management, Continuous Integration, Infrastructure as Code, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment, Continuous Monitoring)
- Demonstrated experience with common configuration management version control, build and deployment tools
- Experience with modern cloud build and deployment tools
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Prior experience as a DevOps engineer
- Technical diagnostic expertise including problem investigation, reproduction, and resolution skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret DoD Security clearance
- Willingness to obtain a CISSP certification
- Ability and willingness to work onsite 3 days/week
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Prior experience promoting the integration of security best practices into the lifecycle of products or applications
- Prior experience managing a CI server
- Prior experience creating CI server scripts and reports
- Prior experience integrating CI servers into existing projects
Education and Length of Experience
This position vacancy is an open-rank announcement. The final job offer will be dependent on candidate qualifications in alignment with Research Faculty Extension Professional ranks as outlined in section 3.2.1 of the Georgia Tech Faculty Handbook
- 2 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related technical area.
- 0 years of related experience with a Masters’ degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related technical area.
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the U.S. federal government, candidates for this position must be U.S. Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
Benefits at GTRI
Comprehensive information on currently offered GTRI benefits, including Health & Welfare, Retirement Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Time Off, and Professional Development, can be found through this link: https://hr.gatech.edu/benefits
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume