Student Intern - Software Developer - Summer 2024 - ASL
Type: Students: Intern
Location: Huntsville, AL
GTRI's Applied Systems Laboratory (ASL) conducts applied research, development, test, and evaluation of ground-based air and missile defense and rotary-wing aviation systems. The Applied Systems Laboratory (ASL) is currently seeking Interns to work in Huntsville, AL on software development or systems engineering on a variety of defense programs. The selected candidate will work as part of a team to add value to customer deliverables. The selected candidate will be writing code in multiple languages supporting multiple projects.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- 2.0 or higher cumulative GPA
- Must be registered for 6+ credit hours for the semester (Part-Time status)
- Must be registered for Internship Credit – Full-time (Full-Time status)
- Experience in 1 or more programming languages
- Task / team leadership experience
- Strong math skills and ability to learn complex engineering concepts
- Familiarity with Linux and open source tools
- Configuration management tools
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas
Hours per Week
20 hours per week - Part-Time
40 hours per week – Full-Time
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
Housing and Relocation
Housing and relocation assistance are not available for this position.
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume