Air and Missile Defense Division - Student Research Assistant - Fall 2019 - SEAL
Type: Students: Undergraduate Student Asst. (SA)
Location: Smyrna, GA
Categories: Algorithm Development, Modeling/Simulation, Radar, Signal Processing, System Engineering
Georgia Tech Research Institute's Sensors and Electromagnetic Applications Laboratory (SEAL) seeks students to join our Air & Missile Defense Division. Students will assist Research Engineers with modeling and simulation and algorithm development. Students should be interested in learning about radars and remote sensing.
Due to the nature of the work at GTRI, job duties will depend upon contract and sponsor needs. Students could participate in the following projects/tasks:
• Produce and modify MATLAB code as directed to perform radar signal processing.
• Produce and modify MATLAB code as directed to aggregate metrics.
• Assist with documentation and presentations.
Required Minimum Qualifications
Student Assistant/Research Assistant
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or related field
- Must be registered for at least 6 credit hours with your university during working semesters
- 3.0 higher cumulative GPA
- Experience in 1 or more programming languages
- Strong math skills and ability to learn complex engineering concepts
- Familiarity with configuration management tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Hours per Week
10–20 hours per week
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Ability to obtain Secret Clearance upon hire
Housing and Relocation
Housing and relocation assistance are not available for this position.
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume