Senior Machine Learning Engineer - SEAL
Location: Smyrna, GA
Categories: Algorithm Development, Artificial Intelligence, Electronic Warfare, Embedded Systems, High Performance Computing, ISR & Tactical Systems, Software Development/Design, System Architecture, Testing, Machine Learning, Modeling/Simulation, Radar, Sensors Integration, Sensors/Optics, Signal Processing
The Sensors and Electromagnetic Applications Laboratory (SEAL) of the Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) is seeking technical personnel to be part of an established software team that has multiple opportunities for software engineers within the Software Engineering and Architecture Division (SEAD) at Smyrna, GA. The SEAD group mission is to provide world-class software to be used in sensors, signal processing, electronic warfare, tracking, and intelligence surveillance reconnaissance (ISR) systems deployed on land, air and sea.
Our software team employs a modern software engineering process to design, code, integrate and test capabilities on a continuous basis resulting in a mature and quality solution for our customers. We strive for technical excellence by drawing upon a diverse workforce whose knowledge base covers the complete spectrum of modern computing languages and platforms.
The successful candidates will be involved in the artificial intelligence (AI) software design, development, integration and testing of the systems. Our real-time machine learning software applications are developed using C++ and Python in a Linux environment. Our group utilizes productive modern (Agile) and industry-proven software development processes and environments. The candidate will get the opportunity to creatively solve problems, design features, and independently and work in a team environment to implement projects.
The candidate will have the opportunity to leverage machine learning techniques to build processes to gather insights from a high volume of data from multiple sources. You will develop systems to efficiently process the data in our platform. The candidate will ultimately be responsible for developing powerful software systems that reinforce our place as a technical research leader in machine learning and deploying software. The candidate will also lead and mentor junior engineers in the development of our quality, efficient and open software products.
10% - 25% travel
Education & Length of Experience
Senior Research Engineer/Scientist
- A Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related field of study and seven (7) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
- A Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related field of study and nine (9) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or
- A Doctoral degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related field of study and four (4) years of relevant full time experience after completion of a Bachelor's degree.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Candidates currently enrolled in an accredited Master's or Doctoral degree program relevant to this position will be considered. Candidate must have a graduation date of no later than May, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence algorithms utilized for applications
- Knowledge of industry AI tools (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.)
- Experience with C and C++
- Experience with Linux or Windows
- Experience in software engineering and development
- Knowledgeable in version control software such as GIT
- Knowledgeable in JIRA, Bitbucket and Confluence
- Experience in the technical management of software engineers
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter and ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of computer architectures including multi-core environments
- Familiarity with software applications requiring multi-threaded programming implementation
- Complex programs that involved hardware, software, communications and networking
- Experience with Object-Oriented Design Knowledge
- Existing secret clearance, or the ability to obtain an interim clearance within 30 days and full clearance thereafter
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Ability to obtain Secret Clearance upon hire
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume