Senior Information Systems Security Officer - Atlanta, Georgia-RSD
Location: Atlanta, GA
Manage Information Security for a world-class applied research organization. This position is for a Senior Information Systems Security Officer ( Senior ISSO). The Senior ISSO is responsible for managing a team of ISSOs and all information system security requirements for GTRI classified systems. The candidate will provide technical and security expertise to ensure system security requirements are properly configured and policies adhered to by privileged and general users. The successful candidate will have demonstrated deep Technical and Information Security knowledge as well as providing comprehensive Cyber Security support through a system’s full life-cycle. In addition, the candidate must have leadership experience through leading by example, be able to research policies and regulations from the position of an expert level, productively interact with various agencies and levels of management to include C-Level managers, and contribute to establishing and maintaining accredited information systems.
- Lead a team of ISSOs to provide information security support for classified systems
- Train new ISSOs on their job responsibilities and understanding of various government standards
- Manage system security requirements for GTRI’s information systems and assure continuous system compliance
- Manage the day-to-day security operations of systems, associated media, and networks
- Responsible for maintaining operational security posture for systems by enforcing established security policies, procedures, and standards.
- Develop and maintain documentation including, but not limited to: Systems Security Plans (SSPs), Risk Assessment Reports, Plan of Actions & Milestones (POA&M), and Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) or Xacta artifacts
- Work with Government security cognizant agencies to identify and manage security findings, risks and mitigations in Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M)
- Educate end-users by providing formal training and support end-users during day-to-day operations as the cybersecurity Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Perform continuous monitoring activities including system security audits and vulnerability scanning and remediation.
- Ensure Configuration Management (CM) of all associated software, hardware, and security relevant functions
- Identify security deficiencies/discrepancies, research and recommend security solutions to the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM)
- Lead incident response process to include document and report to the appropriate authority
- Have proficiency across several technical domains and experience with National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual
- (NISPOM), DCSA Assessment and Authorization Process Manual (DAAPM), Joint Special Access Program (SAP) Implementation
- Guide (JSIG), Intelligence Community Directive (lCD) 503, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) 800, and Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Research policies and regulations, productively interact with various agencies and levels of management, and contribute to establishing and maintaining accredited information systems.
- Research system vulnerabilities and threats to stay on top of the continuous threat against accredited systems
- Prepare for and participate in self-inspection and Government security vulnerability assessments
Education & Length of Experience
Research Associate I
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Assurance, Information Security, or related fields.
Research Associate II
- A Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Assurance, Information Security, or related fields. and three (3) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
- A Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Assurance, Information Security, or related fields. and five (5) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or
- A Doctoral degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Assurance, Information Security, or related fields..
Required Minimum Qualifications
- US Citizenship. Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- At least 5 years of experience with a bachelor degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science,
- Information Assurance, Information Security or related fields.
- Must possess or be able to obtain CISSP, Security+ and/or other applicable certifications within six months of hire in compliance with DoD Directive 8140/8570, IAM Level II/III baseline certification requirements.
- Have experience with JSIG, RMF, ICD 503, NIST 800, NISPOM and DAAPM
- Experience with information systems Incident Response Team
- Experience identifying system vulnerabilities and implementing mitigation strategies.
- Experience with or have worked as most of the following: Linux Administrator, Windows Administrator, Generic/Proprietary System Administrator, Information System Auditor, Information Systems Security Officer/Engineer, Data Security Analyst, Network Control Technician.
- An active Secret Security clearance is a major plus
- IAM Level III compliance with CISSP
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels of an organization
- Experience in an environment and culture steeped in teamwork and collaboration working on challenging technical projects
- Experience working with eMASS
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Ability to obtain Secret Clearance upon hire
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume