Test Engineer -- ELSYS
Location: Atlanta, GA
Categories: Aerospace, Avionics, Embedded Systems, System Engineering, Testing
The Test Engineer in the Electronic Systems Integration Division's (ESID) Quality Control and Test Branch will perform test engineering functions supporting research, development, design, and application of the software. This software is utilized on a variety of military applications with an emphasis on Electronic Warfare (EW), avionics, and autonomous tactical systems.
- Develop and update test plans, procedures, and report documentation
- Execute developed test procedures and document results in a formal setting
- Conduct formal software testing and coordinate with a cross-functional team to develop test solutions ensuring all products meet specifications
- Maintain and create test scripts, files, and data that support formal testing
- Integrate system and unit level requirements, including system specifications and interface definitions used to create test plans and procedures
- Ensure that all technical work is performed and documented to appropriate professional standards
- Develop cost and schedule estimates for proposed work and provide status for current tasking
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education & Length of Experience
Research Engineer/Scientist I
- A Bachelor's degree in Aerospace, Computer, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or related technical field.
Research Engineer/Scientist II
- A Master's degree in Aerospace, Computer, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or related technical field and three (3) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
- A Master's degree in Aerospace, Computer, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or related technical field and five (5) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor's degree, or
- A Doctoral degree in Aerospace, Computer, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or related technical field.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Experience in test engineering processes and methodologies applicable to complex systems development
- Experience in an agile software development environment
- Experience in manual, ad hoc, black and white box testing
- Familiarity with Configuration Management tools
- Experience in one or more programming languages
- Experience with Python or similar scripting language
- Active security clearance
US Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Ability to obtain Secret Clearance upon hire
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute's mission of solving the world's most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume