Operations Research Analyst Researcher I - ACL
Location: Atlanta, GA
Categories: Aeronautics, Aerospace, Algorithm Development, Autonomous Systems, Data Analytics/Science, Electronic Warfare, IR, ISR & Tactical Systems, Machine Learning, Signal Processing, System Engineering
GTRI’s Signals and Systems Division in the Advanced Concepts Laboratory seeks qualified candidates for the position of Operations Research Analyst. This position involves applying scientific, engineering, and mathematical concepts to perform critical analysis of defense systems and system of systems. This is multi-disciplinary work that includes technical, economic, and operational concerns and focuses on both near-term and future scenarios.
The types of tasks include:
- Analysis of alternatives
- Systems of systems interactions evaluation
- Systems performance evaluation
- Requirements analysis
- Risk assessments
- Trade space exploration
- Evaluation of test results
- System performance prediction
The Signals and Systems Division engages in research related to advanced threat analysis, operational employment concepts, advanced EM spectrum management, test and evaluation, and knowledge management primarily through the application of modeling and simulation.
10% - 25% travel
Education & Length of Experience
Research Engineer/Scientist I
- A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Aerospace Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a related discipline.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Candidates currently enrolled in an accredited Bachelor’s degree program relevant to this position will be considered. Candidate must have a graduation date of no later than August 2021.
- Excellent analytical skills, including numerical modeling, statistical computing, and scripting skills
- An understanding of the concept of practicing operations analysis on complex, real-world problems
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, are critical as work often informs decisions at the top-levels of the military and intelligence communities
- A Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Aerospace Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering or a related discipline
- Existing TS/SCI clearance
- Experience using Matlab (TM)
- Experience or expertise in one or more of the following: (1) aerospace systems, (2) EO/IR or radar for air and ground-based applications, (3) electronic warfare techniques, (4) current and future kill chains, and (5) intelligence gathering and analysis.
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance upon hire
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume