Software Developer/Research Scientist I/II
Location: Atlanta, GA
Categories: Software Development/Design
The primary work assignment would be as a software developer for Government projects serving the Justice, Public Safety, Health, and DOD communities. Projects focus on secure sharing of information between state, local, and federal agency information systems, focusing on standards development, API development, system integration, and information sharing systems and tools. Each agency we work with is autonomous and has a unique architecture and legacy infrastructure. GTRI serves as the principal architect and integrator and provides technical guidance to numerous agencies and contractors.
The ideal candidate would have a BS or MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering and would like to work in a cutting-edge research software development environment. Strong written, verbal and presentation skills and the ability to work well in a team environment are necessary. A candidate should also be capable of working independently and effectively with minimal supervision for up to 10 days.
Education & Length of Experience
Research Engineer/Scientist/Technologist/Associate I
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
Research Engineer/Scientist/Technologist/Associate II
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering and three (3) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering and five (5) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or
- A Doctoral degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
Required Minimum Qualifications
Looking for a software developer with 3+ years of experience in software development with specific skills in one or more of the following:
- Java, Groovy, Scala, Ruby, Python, or other modern programming languages
- Developing APIs, RESTful services, microservices
- API Gateways, ESBs (MuleSoft, WebMethods, Apigee)
- Web Service standards (REST, OpenAPI, RAML, SOAP, WSDL)
- Web development frameworks (Spring, Grails, Rails, Django)
- Software Development Practices
- Agile, Scrum, unit testing, version control, continuous integration, code reviews
- Web Service development tools (Postman, Swagger)
- Virtualization and container software (Docker, Vagrant, Kubernetes, Rancher, Amazon Web Services)
- Health Information data formats, FHIR, CDC, OMOP, HL7
- OpenID, OAuth, OpenID Connect, SAML
- Databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Linux and bash
Experience with Medicaid Management Information Systems, the MITA Framework, Health IT standards, policies, and best practices is a strong plus.
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Ability to obtain Secret Clearance upon hire
Back Submit Resume