Phased Array Radar System Engineer - SEAL
Location: Atlanta, GA
Categories: Algorithm Development, Antenna, Modeling/Simulation, Radar, Signal Processing
The Georgia Tech Research Institute is seeking senior engineers and scientists with expertise in phased array radar systems, signal processing, tracking, parameter estimation, and electronic protection applied to research programs directly related to air and missile defense. Senior researchers have the opportunity to foster and guide research applied to the development of modern multi-dimensional processing and RF sensor systems that support the Nation's warfighters in accomplishing their tactical and strategic objectives. Senior researchers routinely interact with our Department of Defense customers to understand the warfighters' needs and to help shape the next generation of military sensors. GTRI provides a collaborative applied research environment where new ideas, personal growth, and thought leadership are encouraged.
- In addition to performing applied research, candidates are expected to manage research efforts and to support business development activities.
- Candidates will be expected to direct research in a team setting and to manage resources and budgets.
- Business development includes the identification of research topics, conceptualization and formulation of research efforts, interaction with potential sponsors, and writing white papers and proposals.
10% - 25% travel
Education & Length of Experience
Senior Research Engineer/Scientist
- A Master’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics and seven (7) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
- A Master’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics and nine (9) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or
- A Doctoral degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics and four (4) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor's degree.
Principal Research Engineer/Scientist
- A Master’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics and eleven (11) years of relevant full-time experience, or
- A Doctoral degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics and seven (7) years of relevant full-time experience.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- 4-7 or more years of relevant work experience in the fields of engineering, mathematics, or physics
- Applicants should have relevant experience in two or more of the following areas:
- Radar systems analysis,
- Signal processing algorithms,
- Phased array antennas,
- Adaptive signal processing,
- Electronic protection or tracking
- Researchers are expected to be able to work independently as well as in teams
- Applicants are required to possess both good written and oral skills in order to document and convey one's research to both internal and external customers on a regular basis
- 10+ or more years of experience working in the field of radar with demonstrated subject matter expertise in tor more of the following areas:
- Systems analysis,
- Phased arrays,
- Signal or array processing,
- Tracking, or
- Electronic protection
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain an active security clearance
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume