Electronic Warfare Analysis Branch Head-- EOSL
Location: Atlanta, GA
The Electronic Warfare Analysis Branch Head (EWAB) specializes in the modeling, simulation and analysis of 1-on-1 to many-on-many, RF-based threat encounters, target tracking, and RF countermeasures for the Department of Defense (DoD). This job is a leadership position tasked with oversight over EWAB programs and researchers. The Electronic Warfare Modeling and Analysis Division (EWMAD) of the Electro-Optical Systems Lab (EOSL) performs modeling, simulation, and analysis in support of Electronic Warfare (EW), Electro-Optical Counter Measures, Physics and Missile Warning Systems, including aircraft self-protection, EO/IR and RF countermeasures, scene generation, laser warning, scattering, propagation and turbulence, and EO/IR and RF signature modeling.
- Oversee and manage branch budgets, resources and compliance with institute policies and procedures
- Oversee and manage sponsored research in the branch to ensure execution of successful research programs based on sponsor requirements
- Support branch operations and coordination across branches within the division and other laboratories of GTRI
- Establish, maintain and evolve the strategic vision and execution plan for the branch to enhance sponsored project portfolios and technical capabilities
- Train and mentor branch members including research faculty and both undergraduate and graduate students, to develop expertise in EW and electro-optical applications including facilitating publication of novel research activities, professional development and training opportunities
- Direct business development activities to include: sponsor engagement, showcasing branch capabilities to internal and external organizations, support sponsor tours, visits and technical meetings
- Oversee, author, and contribute to proposals and white papers for sustained branch growth
- Conduct administrative actions including the recruitment, hiring and termination of branch personnel, execution of performance appraisals, development and execution of performance improvement plans and review and approval of employee time sheets
- Represent the division and laboratory as a subject matter expert at consortiums, symposiums, and expositions
- Ensure that all technical work is performed and documented to organizational and DoD standards based on project requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned
10% - 25% travel
Education & Length of Experience
Principal Research Engineer/Scientist/Technologist/Associate
- A Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or a related discipline and eleven (11) years of relevant full-time experience, or
- A Doctoral degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or a related discipline and seven (7) years of relevant full-time experience.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Experience in program development and leadership of research and development projects
- Experience collaborating, organizing, teaming and communicating with a diverse team of government sponsors, researchers, and other stakeholders to facilitate project performance
- Technical background related to the design, employment, or test of RF/IR systems in national defense scenarios
- Experience leading small to mid-sized teams of research engineers and technical staff
- Experience with modeling, simulation, and analysis of RF systems
- Experience with specific modeling and simulation (M&S) frameworks including environments such as Suppressor, Advanced Framework for Simulation (AFSIM), Enterprise Safety Application Management System (ESAMS), Brawler, and Benchmark
- Experience in radar, radar signal processing, tracking, and other related fields
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
Benefits at GTRI
Comprehensive information on currently offered GTRI benefits including Health & Welfare, Retirement Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Time Off, and Professional Development, can be found through this link: https://hr.gatech.edu/benefits
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume