Software Engineer -- ELSYS
Location: Atlanta, GA
Categories: Embedded Systems, Electronic Warfare, Instrumentation, Sensors Integration, Software Development/Design, Aircraft, Avionics
The Software Engineer in the Electronic Systems Laboratory (ELSYS) Electronic Systems Integration Division (ESID) supports system integration projects for Department of Defense (DoD) manned and unmanned aircraft improvement programs. The position conducts desktop and tablet software design and development to support mission-critical, embedded-software systems and training systems.
The Electronic Systems Laboratory (ELSYS) Electronic Systems Integration Division (ESID) researches military aircraft specializing in avionics, electronic warfare, autonomous systems, and tactical communication/datalink systems. The ESID team's engineering roles include Applied Systems Engineering, Datalink Engineering, Embedded Software, Enterprise Software, Augmented/Virtual Reality, and Test Engineering.
- Collaborate with systems engineers to specify software requirements
- Develop software requirements, design, and implementation
- Develop desktop and tablet hosted military application software
- Develop software to inject data and perform data analysis for Ethernet, MIL-STD-1553, and military data links
- Develop and present technical presentations for internal peer reviews and sponsor design reviews
- Utilize system specifications, interface definitions, and aircraft drawings in the development of solutions
- Ensure that all technical work is developed to meet military, safety, and security standards
- Integrate system products in the laboratory and the field. Analyze field and laboratory data to determine if the system meets requirements and project objectives; isolate anomalies to hardware and software components
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education & Length of Experience
Research Engineer/Scientist I
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Experience with Windows programming using C#
- Experience in several programming languages and software applications such as C++, Unity, GUI, MFC, WinForms, WPF/XAML, MVC, MVVM, SQL, XML/XSD, MSBuild, MSTest, NUnit
- Experience with avionic data buses (1553, ARINC 429, Ethernet, RS-422, etc.), tactical data links, military radios, and open systems architectures.
- Experience developing augmented/virtual reality, iOS, and/or Android applications.
- Experience integrating and troubleshooting systems.
- Experience with configuration management and requirements management systems.
- Active DoD security clearance
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
Benefits at GTRI
Comprehensive information on currently offered GTRI benefits, including Health & Welfare, Retirement Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Time Off, and Professional Development, can be found through this link: https://hr.gatech.edu/benefits
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume