Systems Engineer (Model Based Systems Engineering) -- ELSYS
Categories: Aeronautics, System Architecture, Embedded Systems, Military Vehicles, Modeling/Simulation, Sensors Integration, Software Development/Design, System Engineering, Aerospace, Avionics, Autonomous Systems, Data Analytics/Science
The Systems Engineer in the Electronic Systems Laboratory (ELSYS) Systems Engineering Research Division (SERD) supports the Department of Defense (DoD) in the effort to use model-based and data-driven processes across multiple functionalities to improve acquisition decisions and system life cycle support. The position will be responsible for using Object Management Group (OMG) Systems Modeling Language (SysML) tools (MagicDraw, Cameo Systems Modeler, Enterprise Architect, Rational Rhapsody, etc.) to author SysML models.
This position is accepting candidates for both our Smyrna GA and San Diego CA locations.
- Develop and execute novel model-based approaches to support the Department of Defense (DoD) acquisition life cycle
- Apply Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) tool suites to enable the use of model-based best practices in DoD acquisition and system life cycle support
- Support industry stakeholders and DoD sponsors in the application of MBSE to Tradespace analysis, design, and acquisition
- Execute MBSE processes, including functional decomposition, requirements development, architectural development, and test program development
- Present technical and program management presentations to government sponsors
- Support MBSE business development.
- Lead small to mid-sized technical tasks and/or teams
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education & Length of Experience
Research Engineer/Scientist I
- A Bachelor's degree in Aerospace, Computer, Electrical, Systems, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or related field.
- Candidates currently enrolled in an accredited Bachelor's degree with a graduation date of August 2021 and skills relevant to this position will be considered.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- 1+ years of experience using an Object Management Group (OMG) Systems Modeling Language (SysML) tool (MagicDraw, Cameo Systems Modeler, Enterprise Architect, Rational Rhapsody, etc.) to author SysML models
- Experience in Object Oriented Programming and/or modeling and simulation
- Experience with the DoD Acquisition process
- Experience with requirements development and management
- Experience in Systems Engineering (SE) and/or aerospace engineering
- 3+ years experience in Java and/or Python programming languages
- Experience with the DoD Architecture Framework (DoDAF)
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas to non-technical audiences
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
Benefits at GTRI
Comprehensive information on currently offered GTRI benefits, including Health & Welfare, Retirement Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Time Off, and Professional Development, can be found through this link: https://hr.gatech.edu/benefits
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume