EW and Avionics Software Researcher (Entry) -- ELSYS - Smyrna, GA
Location: Atlanta, GA
Categories: System Architecture, Embedded Systems, Electromagnetics, Machine Learning, Radar, RF, Sensors Integration, Software Development/Design, Testing, Missile Warning Systems, Avionics, Threat Systems
The Electronic Warfare (EW) and Avionics Software Researcher in the Electronics Systems Laboratory (ELSYS) Test Engineering Division (TEN) will develop software applications for EW and avionics Hardware-in-the-Loop (HITL) test systems. These systems provide high fidelity simulation and stimulation of real-time Electro-Optical/Infrared (EO/IR), Radio Frequency (RF), and avionics environments for testing EW and avionics systems ensuring these systems protect aircraft from ground and airborne threats.
- Design and develop of EW and avionics HITL software systems
- Debug and test EW and avionics systems
- Research EO/IR and RF simulation methods and standards
- Research EW and avionics systems reprogramming, mission data, and testing
Education & Length of Experience
Research Engineer/Scientist I
- A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related degree field.
Research Engineer/Scientist II
- A Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related degree field and three (3) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
- A Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related degree field and five (5) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or
- A Doctoral degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related degree field.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Candidates currently enrolled in an accredited Bachelor's degree program relevant to this position will be considered. Candidates must have a graduation date of no later than December, 2021.
- Experience with electronic systems
- Experience with one or more of the following: C# (WinForms, XAML and ASP.NET), C++, and Python
- Experience with embedded programming and Real-time Operating Systems (RTOS)
- Experience with EW and avionics systems architecture, function and interface
- Experiences with relevant interfaces, including MIL-STD-1553, Ethernet, serial, discrete and analog interfaces
- Experience with computer vision and machine learning concepts and applications
- Active SECRET clearance
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
Safer Federal Workforce Executive Order
Presidential Executive Order 14042 requires most federal contractors, including federal contractors within the University System of Georgia, to comply with Covid-19 guidance from the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force (“Task Force”). Georgia Tech must ensure that all employees covered under the Executive Order (“covered employees”), including those working remotely in the United States, are fully vaccinated by January 19, 2022, or by their first day of work in a covered role.
This position is covered by the Executive Order. Accommodations or exemptions for medical conditions can be requested by individuals who would otherwise be covered but have a disability, medical condition, or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
Details of the order can be found here.
Benefits at GTRI
Comprehensive information on currently offered GTRI benefits, including Health & Welfare, Retirement Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Time Off, and Professional Development, can be found through this link: https://hr.gatech.edu/benefits
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume