This opportunity is with our Cyber Security, Information Protection, and Hardware Evaluation Research Lab (CIPHER).
Cyber Security, Information Protection, and Hardware Evaluation Research Lab (CIPHER). CIPHER conducts applied research focused on cyber threats and countermeasures, secure multi-level information sharing, resilient command and control network architectures, reverse engineering, vulnerability identification, and high performance computing and analytics. CIPHER engineers develop and apply cutting edge technologies in computing, network architectures, signal and protocol analysis, network forensics, malware analysis, and reverse engineering (hardware and software) to solve the tough problems. To learn more about CIPHER, please visit http://www.gtri.gatech.edu/cipher
The purpose of this job is to lead the technical design and support of our end-user computing environment. Responsible for the day-to-day operational activities of the End-user computing environment, including but not limited to windows, mac, and linux workstation provisioning, deployment, and maintenance; leveraging configuration management tools to effectively manage a fleet of heterogeneous systems; compliance auditing, vulnerability and patch remediation; Work closely with leadership, stakeholders, and Project/Process Management to effectively translate business strategy and objectives into technological capability. This position will interact, advise and counsel on a regular basis with staff, third party vendors, and service providers.
- End-User IT Device(s) life-cycle management (provisioning, deploying, patching, maintaining, backups, security, networking).
- Conduct IT and security assurance systems research and integrate technologies into complex electronic systems.
- Design and maintain Information Technology (IT) systems to support various sponsored research projects.
- Implement and maintain client and server software used to support project management and software development.
- Cross Domain Data Exchange and Systems Inegration.
- Is a primary implementor of Infrastructure as Code for configuration management solutions.
- Virtual machine management.
- Deploy security control configuration to systems using configuration management tools.
- Implement and deploy DevOps solutions for both sponsored research and internal use.
- Assist researchers in developing cloud and container solutions for their deliverables.
- Automate internal processes to improve security and reliability.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Candidates currently enrolled in an accredited degree program relevant to this position will be considered. The candidate must have a graduation date of no later than May, 2022.
- 1 year of Ansible experience.
- 1 or more years experience with Gitlab or other version control software.
- 1 or more years experience with Linux or Windows administration.
- Working knowledge of CICD pipeline
Education and Length of Experience
This position vacancy is an open-rank announcement. The final job offer will be dependent on candidate qualifications in alignment with Research Faculty Extension Professional ranks as outlined in section 3.2.1 of the Georgia Tech Faculty Handbook
- 2 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Information Security, or related fields.
- 0 years of related experience with a Masters’ degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Information Security, or related fields.
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the U.S. federal government, candidates for this position must be U.S. Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
Benefits at GTRI
Comprehensive information on currently offered GTRI benefits, including Health & Welfare, Retirement Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Time Off, and Professional Development, can be found through this link: https://hr.gatech.edu/benefits
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.