Information Systems Engineer - EOSL
Location: Atlanta, GA
Categories: High Performance Computing, Information Technology, Networking, Software Development/Design
The Electro-Optical Systems Laboratory (EOSL) is one eight GTRI research laboratories. Based in Atlanta, GA the lab has approximately 200 employees.
The purpose of this job is to lead the technical design and support of our end-user computing environment. Responsible for the day-to-day operational activities of the End-user computing environment, including but not limited to windows, mac, and linux workstation provisioning, deployment, and maintenance; leveraging configuration management tools to effectively manage a fleet of heterogeneous systems; compliance auditing, vulnerability and patch remediation; Work closely with leadership, stakeholders, and Project/Process Management to effectively translate business strategy and objectives into technological capability. This position will interact, advise and counsel on a regular basis with staff, third party vendors, and service providers.
- End-User IT Device(s) life-cycle management (provisioning, deploying, patching, maintaining, backups, security, networking).
- Conduct IT and security assurance systems research and integrate technologies into complex electronic systems.
- Design and maintain Information Technology (IT) systems to support various sponsored research projects.
- Implement and maintain client and server software used to support project management and software development.
- Cross Domain Data Exchange and Systems Integration.
- Implementor of Infrastructure as Code for configuration management solutions.
- Virtual machine management.
- Deploy security control configuration to systems using configuration management tools.
- The Information Systems Engineer will be responsible for system administration on classified and unclassified Linux systems.
- They will work with other lab computer support personnel and GTRI high performance computing technicians and administrators to maintain lab computing assets in support of research for government and other customers.
- They will need to manage changing and conflicting priorities to meet customer demand and communicate effectively with management and technically proficient users, including engineers and scientists
Required Minimum Qualifications
- System Administration experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux or Ubuntu.
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or ability to obtain within 12 months.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability and desire to automate repetitive tasks quickly and thoroughly.
- Comfortable with a modern scripting language (e.g., Python or Bash), an IaC framework (e.g., Ansible or Puppet), and a version control system (e.g., git or SVN).
- Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds.
- Ability to occasionally work nights or weekends with advanced notice.
- One year of work experience
- Active Secret Clearance
- System administration experience in STIG and CMMC compliant environments.
- Experience with Cisco IOS and NX-OS
- Experience with Ansible
- Experience with Apache
- Experience with enterprise storage systems
Education and Length of Experience
This position vacancy is an open-rank announcement. The final job offer will be dependent on candidate qualifications in alignment with Research Faculty Extension Professional ranks as outlined in section 3.2.1 of the Georgia Tech Faculty Handbook
- 0 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field.
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the U.S. federal government, candidates for this position must be U.S. Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
Benefits at GTRI
Comprehensive information on currently offered GTRI benefits, including Health & Welfare, Retirement Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Time Off, and Professional Development, can be found through this link: https://hr.gatech.edu/benefits
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume