Systems Analyst - Smyrna, GA - SEAL
Location: Smyrna, GA
Categories: Algorithm Development, Antenna, Artificial Intelligence, Embedded Systems, Hardware Development/Design, Information Technology, Machine Learning, Modeling/Simulation, RF, Testing, Other, Data Analytics/Science, ISR & Tactical Systems
The Georgia Tech Research Institute is seeking research engineers or scientists with expertise in the areas of communications, networking, and data links. Candidates will support the Command, Control, and Communications Divisions (C3D) Architectures (ARCH) Branch within the Sensors and Electromagnetic Applications Laboratory (SEAL). Selected candidates will focus on identifying and delivering critical state-of-the-art tactical airborne communications and networking technology solutions to address wide array of problem sets (i.e. alternative waveforms, adaptive antennas, improved amplifier technologies, self-forming and self-healing network topologies). Candidates should have strong problem solving skills and the ability to develop creative solutions to complex technical and managerial problems.
Technical personnel & part of an established team of experts in the assessment of electronic systems. Highly motivated individual to support assessment of domestic and foreign RF communications technology, systems and components.
- Perform comparative analysis to similar systems, assessing system strengths and weaknesses.
- Reverse engineer RF communications devices at the system level and the circuit board level to produce functional block diagrams.
- Research communication theory and design concepts and implementation methods to help in determining circuit functionality and state of the art
- Perform tests on circuit boards using equipment such as logic analyzers and oscilloscopes and requiring familiarity with interfaces such as JTAG, RS232, Ethernet.
- Performed basic applied research in the areas of communications, networking, and data links.
- Work on the development of new business areas.
- Assist on the technical management of ongoing efforts.
- Communicate with sponsors for C3D efforts.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Candidates currently enrolled in an accredited degree program relevant to this position will be considered. The candidate must have a graduation date of no later than August 2022
- Five (5) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree
- Applicants are required to possess both good written and oral skills in order to document and convey one's research to both internal personnel and external customers on a regular basis.
- Active Top Secret Clearance
- 13 years of relevant experience in the one or more of the following tactical data link systems:
- Fully Integrated Data Link (IFDL,
- Bandwidth Efficient Common Data Link (BE-CDL)
- Multifunction Advanced Data Link (MADL)
- Tactical Targeting Network Technology (TTNT)
- Situational Awareness Data Link (SADL)
- Advanced Tactical Data Link (ATDL)
- Modeling and simulation expertise with one or more of the following:
- Advanced Framework for Simulation, Integration and - Modeling (AFSIM) software
- EMANE software
- CORE software
- Builder software
10% - 25% travel
Education and Length of Experience
This position vacancy is an open-rank announcement. The final job offer will be dependent on candidate qualifications in alignment with Research Faculty Extension Professional ranks as outlined in section 3.2.1 of the Georgia Tech Faculty Handbook
- 9 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace, Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics.
- 7 years of related experience with a Masters’ degree in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace, Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics
- 4 years of related experience with a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace, Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the U.S. federal government, candidates for this position must be U.S. Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
Benefits at GTRI
Comprehensive information on currently offered GTRI benefits, including Health & Welfare, Retirement Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Time Off, and Professional Development, can be found through this link: https://hr.gatech.edu/benefits
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute’s mission of solving the world’s most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Back Submit Resume